Sugar Free Vegan Fruity Flapjacks
Sweet tasty flapjacks that are packed full of natural ingredients and are Vegan as well. And with just a few simple ingredient swaps you can make these Gluten Free.
Servings: 12 flapjacks
- 100 grams semi-dried Dates heaped 1/2 cup
- 125 grams semi-dried Figs 8 individual figs
- 200 grams semi-dried Apricots - divided 1 cup
- 8 tablespoons of Water
- 100 grams Oats 1 cup
- 25 grams Instant/Quick oats 1/3 cup
- 50 grams Plain/All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
- 50 grams Natvia 1/4 cup*
- 45 grams Sultanas 1/3 cup
- 45 grams Pine Nuts 1/3 cup
- 40 grams dried Cranberries 1/3 cup
Pre-heat your oven to 180c/350f/Gas mark 4 and line an 8"/20cm square tin with baking parchment and place to one side.
Add your dates, figs and half of the apricots to your food processor along with the 8 tablespoons of water. And pulse until you have a smooth paste.
Transfer your fruit paste to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix in the oats, instant/quick oats, flour and Natvia*.
To this mixture fold in the sultanas, pine nuts and cranberries.
Chop up the remaining apricots and fold them into the mixture.
Press the mixture into your pre-prepared tin and flatten it out until even.
Pop the tin into your oven for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes take the tin out of your oven and allow it to come to room temperature.
Once fully cool slice up into bars.
- I have used Natvia Natural 0 calorie sweetener, as I work with them on Instagram. But you can use any sweetener in place of Natvia.
- To make these Gluten Free, simply make sure the oats you use are certified gluten-free and replace the flour with your favourite gluten-free mix.
Serving: 1bar (out of 12) | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3.4g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 4mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 20.1g