Vegan Refined Sugar Free Peanut Butter Oat Thins
Vegan Refined Sugar Free Peanut Butter Oat Thins are quick and easy to make and are on the healthy side! Packed full of oats, using agave syrup as a sweetener and wholemeal flour for a fibre boost.
Servings: 12 squares
- 60 millilitres light agave syrup or maple syrup 1/4 cup
- 125 grams smooth or crunchy peanut butter 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60 grams wholemeal/whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
- 100 grams rolled oats 100 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 millilitres unsweetened almond milk 1/4 cup
- 50 grams vegan dark chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- 40 grams golden sultanas 1/4 cup
Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and line an 8x8 inch square tin with baking parchment and place to one side.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl pour the agave syrup (or maple syrup), the peanut butter and vanilla extract in and give it all a stir until it it is well combined.
Add in the flour, oats, baking powder and milk and mix until you have a thick sticky batter.
Gently stir in the chocolate chips and sultanas and pour the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten it out evenly across your pan. Using the back of a metal spoon if you are finding it sticking to the wooden spoon too much.
Pop you pan in the oven for 25 minutes.
After that time check on your bake, it should have a lovely golden colour to it and the edges should be just starting to pull away. If its still a little pale give it a few more minutes to set.
Take it out of the oven but allow it to fully cool down in the tin.
Once at room temperature cut the slab into 12 squares.
These store ok at room temperature for 3 days but will last a week in the fridge.
- I have a really slow oven so it may be worth checking your bake at the 20-minute mark if you have a particularly fast oven. I bake with gas and it is notoriously slow, electricity is a lot faster.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.3g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 7.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6.5g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.7mg