Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake is an easy to put together no bake dessert using shop bought items so it all comes together in a jiffy. Cool creamy mint pairs perfectly with the dark rich chocolate.
Servings: 12 slices
- 2 packets mint Oreo's 28 cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 200 grams After Eights Mints Or any chocolate mint cream thins
- 900 millilitre tub Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream 4 - 5 cups
- 400 grams chocolate frosting 14 ounces
- 150 grams mint matchmakers hard mint chocolates
Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to sit at room temperature to soften so it is easier to handle and line a 9 inch/22 centimetre springform tin with baking parchment and place to one side.
After 10 minutes take your Oreo cookies and pulse them into fine crumbs in a food processor. If you don't own a food processor place the cookies in a sealed plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs.
Melt the butter in a microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir it into the Oreo crumbs. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of your lined tin and layer the After Eights on top of the base and pop it into your freezer for 10 minutes.
Spoon half of your ice cream onto the base and spread it out evenly.
Microwave your frosting for 15 seconds on high, just so it is a little more spreadable. Then pour 2/3rds of it over the ice cream.
Then gently spread the remaining ice cream over the frosting.
Chop up the matchmakers and sprinkle them all over the top and drizzle the remaining frosting over the top. Then cover the tin with some plastic wrap and place it back in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake will keep in the freezer for 2 months.
- While this cake only takes 25 minutes to make there is a little more time needed for this cake. At least another 2 hours will be needed for the cake to harden up in the freezer.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.4g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 28.7g | Saturated Fat: 13.2g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 47.4g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.6mg