Zesty Lemon Flapjacks
Sweet and zesty lemon flapjacks, a perfect afternoon treat for the lemon lover in your life.
Servings: 12 slices
- 250 grams unsalted butter - melted 1 and 1/4 cups
- 250 grams light brown sugar 1 and 1/4 cups lightly packed
- 175 grams golden syrup 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 1 large lemon - zest only
- 425 grams oats 5 and 1/4 cups
- 150 grams lemon curd 1/2 cup
Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F/gas 4 and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) tin with baking parchment.
In a medium pan, melt the butter, sugar along with the golden syrup until lightly bubbling and everything is melted.
Add in the lemon zest and oats and stir until everything is well coated.
Press ¾ of the mixture into your tin and press down on it, make sure you press it into each corner.
Evenly spread the lemon curd over the flapjack then sprinkle over the remaining flapjack mix.
Bake for 30 minutes then take it out of the oven and leave to cool, once cold cut into 12 slices. Best eaten within 5 days.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 59.1g | Protein: 5.7g | Fat: 24.2g | Saturated Fat: 13.6g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 27.8g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.8mg