Easter Themed Rocky Road
A classic no-bake sweet treat with Easter candies to make it perfect for the Easter Holidays.
Servings: 12 squares
- 200 grams Shortbread cookies (broken into small chunks) 7 ounces
- 100 grams unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- 100 grams 70% cocoa dark chocolate 3.5 ounces
- 100 grams milk chocolate 3.5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (light corn syrup can be used)
- 70 grams sultanas 1/2 cup
- 75 grams mini marshmallows 1 and 1/3 cup
- 160 grams chocolate mini eggs 1 cup
- 3 cadburys creme eggs (chopped into quarters)
Break the shortbread cookies into small chunks, and place to one side.
line and lightly grease a 20cm (8-inch) square line with foil and a tiny amount of butter. Then place to one side.
Either in a microwave or a double boiler melt both the dark and milk chocolates together with the butter and golden syrup. If you are using a microwave melt on medium heat in 30-second intervals. Once fully melted place it to one side to cool slightly for a few minutes.
Mix the shortbread pieces, sultanas, mini marshmallows and half of the mini eggs together in a large mixing bowl. Pour the slightly cooled melted chocolate on top and mix everything together until everything is lightly coated in chocolate.
Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and lightly press down on it. Sprinkle the remaining mini eggs on top and carefully press down on them to make them stick.
Chop your creme eggs into quarters and place them on top of your rocky road. Place the tray into your fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
Once set cut into 12 squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, this way it will keep well for at least 2 weeks.
Serving: 1square out of 12 | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.3g | Protein: 3.7g | Fat: 20.8g | Saturated Fat: 11.7g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 27.7g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg