Pea and Mint Bulgur Wheat Salad
A tasty, easy to make salad packed full of flavours and perfect for lunchboxes.
- 300 grams dry bulgur wheat 1 and 1/3 cup
- 150 grams fresh or frozen peas 1 cup
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 1 medium pomegranate - seeds removed
- 5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and cover it with lukewarm water and leave it for 45 minutes. Then drain any water that is left over in the bulgur wheat and fluff it up using a fork. Then place it to one side.
Bring the peas to a light boil in lightly salted water and simmer for 5 minutes. Then place the peas in a bowl of very cold water. This will help the peas keep their bright green colour.
Roughly chop up your herbs.
Add the cold peas, chopped herbs and pomegranate seeds to the bulgur wheat.
In a small dish mix the cider vinegar and olive oil together along with a pinch of salt and pepper. When you are ready to serve the dish mix the dressing into the salad.
- Keep dressing separate if you are not consuming immediately.
- Keep this salad in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 69.2g | Protein: 11.6g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 16.1g | Sugar: 7.3g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.7mg