Homemade Hot Chocolate drinking powder
A homemade drinking chocolate powder
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 250 grams
- 2 whole vanilla pods - split and deseeded
- 80 grams best quality cocoa powder (3/4 cup)
- 20 grams potato flour (2 tablespoons)
- 15 grams cornflour corn starch, (a generous 1 and 1/2 tablespoons)
- 160 grams Icing sugar Confectioners sugar, (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 50 grams good quality dark chocolate - grated (1/2 cup)
Gather and weigh out all your ingredients.
Split your vanilla pods in half. Using a smooth-bladed knife, scrape out all the seeds and add them to the cocoa powder and mix them in.
Sift the potato flour, cornflour and icing sugar together.
Transfer this to a large plastic food bag and add in the grated chocolate.
Also add the cocoa powder to the mix. Close the bag and give it a good shake.
Transfer the powder to a 250 grams sterilized glass jar.
I used a larger one, as this is all I had on hand and it gives me an excuse to make even more just to fill up the jar :)