Easy Fudgy Brownies
Super easy chocolaty fudgy brownies all mixed in one bowl so less washing up!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 squares
For the brownies
- 130 grams Plain flour All Purpose, (1 cup)
- 40 grams good quality cocoa powder (1/3 cup)
- 100 grams light brown sugar (2/3 cup)
- 125 grams granulated sugar (2/3 cup)
- 60 grams dark chocolate chips (1/3 cup)
- 60 grams white chocolate chips (1/3 cup)
- 50 grams pecans - toasted (1/2 cup)
- 45 grams raisins (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 milliliters vegetable oil (2/3 cup)
- 3 large eggs
For the frosting
- 90 grams unsalted butter - soft (1/2 cup)
- 25 grams good quality cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- 135 grams Icing sugar Confectioners sugar, (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions for the brownies
Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and line a 9x9 inch tin with parchment paper or lightly grease is.
Add the flour, cocoa, both sugars, both lots of chocolate chips, pecans and raisins to a large mixing bowl and give them a good mixing together.
Add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and eggs and mix till everything is just combined.
Pour the batter into a lined tin, smooth it out so it reaches every corner and pop it into your oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Check your brownies after 20 minutes if you have a quick oven, you want a slight wobble in the middle but an over all set feeling.
Take them out of the oven and allow the to fully cool down.
Directions for the frosting
Beat the butter till it is light and fluffy.
Slowly add the cocoa powder and mix till fully incorporated.
Then slowly add in the icing sugar and mix it into the butter mix.
Add the milk and beat if for a few minutes until it is light and fluffy. Then spread liberally over your brownies.
Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!