Spicy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
A soft, fudgy double chocolate cookie packed full of chocolate chips, with a lovely sweet spicy after taste.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 18 -21 cookies
- 220 grams Plain flour All Purpose, (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 60 grams good quality cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 105 grams unsalted butter - softened (1/2 cup)
- 300 grams granulated sugar (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 100 grams light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 280 grams chocolate chips - mixed white milk and dark, (10 ounces)
Pre heat your oven to 180C / 350F/Gas mark 4 and prep your cookie tray / sheet by lining it with baking parchment.
In a medium bowl sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and spices together and place to one side.
Using a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
Add the flour mix in two batches, and mix in on a slow speed.
Stir in your chocolate chips by hand.
Roll into balls no larger then 2 inches in diameter, and make sure you have at least 3 inches in space between each cookie.
Pop them in your oven for 10 to 12 minutes, chocolate cookies are notoriously hard to gage when they are baked, but trust me take them out of the oven and allow them to sit on the hot tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
In an airtight tin these will keep fresh for up to 5 days.