Strawberries in Rosè Syrup with Sweet Goats Cheese
A sweet summery dessert with strawberries as the star marinaded in rosè wine and rose water topped with a sweetened goats cheese.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 desserts
- 150 grams strawberries - hulled and cut length ways (Approx. 12 large strawberries)
- 45 millilitres Rosè wine (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 45 grams caster superfine sugar - divided, (3 tablespoons)
- 75 grams French goats cheese (1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 fresh basil leaves
Wash then hull the strawberries and cut them length ways and place to one side.
In a small bowl stir the wine and rose water together add 30 grams (2 tablespoons) of the sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves.
Pour over the strawberries, stir to make sure all the strawberries are covered and place to one side.
Add the remaining sugar to the goats cheese and mix well add in the vanilla extract stir until smooth.
Bruise the basil leaves by scrunching them up then slice into fine strips.
Divide the strawberries between 2 bowls and divide the goats cheese into two and place on top of the strawberries then scatter the basil over the top of the two bowls.
Best eaten on the day of making but will keep in the fridge overnight.