Slow Cooker Butterscotch Fondue
A rich butterscotch sauce perfect for dipping, pouring or topping a variety of desserts.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 600 millilitres (2 and 1/2 cups)
- 397 gram tin sweetened condensed milk (one 14 ounce can)
- 170 grams brown sugar (1 cup)
- 100 grams unsalted butter - melted (1/2 cup)
- 80 millilitres light corn syrup - golden syrup can be used as a substitute (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 millilitres milk (1/8 cup)
Melt your butter in a microwave or in a pan on your stove top.
In your slow cooker (mine is a 1.5 litre one which is a little under 2 quarts) pour in all your ingredients and give them a stir.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Just before the time is up chop up any fruits, cake or even chocolate you will be using for dipping.
Once the time is up whisk in the milk until smooth, then serve.
This lovely sauce can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.