A homemade breakfast granola flavoured with maple syrup, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Add ins include pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 530 grams (5 cups)
- 190 grams rolled oats (1 and 3/4 cups)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 70 grams light brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- 80 millilitres maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 60 grams pecan nuts - chopped (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams dried cranberries (1/3 cup)
- 45 grams pumpkin seeds (1/3 cup)
- 40 grams golden raisins (1/4 cup)
- 40 grams raisins (1/4 cup)
Preheat your oven to 170C / 325F / Gas mark 3 and get a medium to large baking sheet ready. If it's non stick you are good to go but if it is not then very lightly give it a spray of oil to very thinly cover it.
In a large mixing bowl add in the oats, spices, salt and sugar and give everything a good mix around.
In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract and molasses together and poor it over the oats giving everything a good mixing so all the oats are fully covered.
Make into small clumps and place them on your baking sheet and pop it in your oven.
After 15 minutes give your granola a stir then pop it back in the oven.
After another 15 minutes check on your granola, you are looking for it to have turned a light golden colour and to feel dried out. If you feel it still feels a little wet give it another couple of minutes, but keep checking on it as it dries out quickly.
Leave it to cool on the baking sheet, as it cools it will crisp up. Once cool add in your dried fruits and nuts.
Kept in an airtight tin this granola will keep for 7 to 10 days.