Amazing Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies
A soft and chewy, rich buttery cookie flavoured with a vanilla cake mix and packed full of colourful sprinkles for a funfetti explosion!
Prep Time2 hrs 20 mins
Cook Time11 mins
Total Time2 hrs 31 mins
Servings: 28 cookies
- 200 grams Vanilla / Yellow cake mix 1 and 1/2 cups
- 185 grams Plain flour (All Purpose) 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175 grams unsalted butter at room temperature 1 and 1/2 sticks
- 100 grams Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- 90 grams light brown sugar 1/2 cup lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 185 grams sprinkles / Jimmies 1 cup
In a medium-sized bowl sieve all the dry ingredients together. The cake mix, flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt and place to one side.
In your mixer or in a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer beat the butter and sugars together. Until they are well combined and light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
Add in the egg and vanilla extract to the batter and mix for 1 minute.
Put your mixer on slow and add in the flour mixture and mix until the flour is just incorporated.
Pour in the sprinkles and give them a gentle mix into the batter. Cover your bowl tightly with cling film (plastic wrap) and pop it into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or line it with a silicone mat and place equal size balls of dough on it about 2 and 1/2 inches apart. I used a 1/8 cup for measuring my dough its about 2 tablespoons in size.
Pop them in the oven and bake them for 10 minutes. This will be the optimum time for soft underbaked cookies. If you like your cookies a little crunchier then bake them for an extra minute or two.
When you take them out of the oven allow them to sit on the hot cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to fully cool down.
Kept in an airtight tin these cookies will be good for 5 days.
- Most of the prep time is inactive time while the dough chills.
- The unbaked cookie dough can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- If you cook the dough from frozen add an extra 2 minutes to the baking time.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 7.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 14.8g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg