Easy Cinnamon Banana Bread
A quick and easy cinnamon banana bread, all made in one bowl and then baked to give you a sweet and tender cinnamon infused banana bread. The perfect breakfast or afternoon snack.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 1 loaf (2 pounds)
- 110 grams coconut oil - solid form 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 215 grams light brown sugar 1 cup lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 85 millilitres buttermilk 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 145 grams plain / all purpose flour 1 cup + 3 tablespoons
- 140 grams wholemeal spelt flour 1 and 1/4 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 150 grams cinnamon chips 3/4 cup
Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and prep a 2 pound loaf tin (20x12.5cm / 8x5inch) by either using a paper liner or lightly greasing it. Or spraying it with a bakers release spray.
Beat the coconut oil and sugar together until they are well combined.
Add in the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is well mixed together.
Sieve in the flours, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
With a gentle hand fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
Then finally fold in your cinnamon chips.
Pour the batter into your loaf tin and pop it into the middle of your hot oven.
I have a slow oven so mine baked for 1 hour, but I checked it every 5 minutes at the 45 minute mark.
Electric ovens are a lot faster than gas ones. So please do check it at the 45 minute mark. Insert a skewer into the centre of the loaf and if it comes out clean it is baked if not give it another 5 minutes.
Once it is baked all the way through, leave it in the tin for 5 minutes before gently tipping it out onto a wire rack to fully cool down.
This loaf will freeze and keep for 3 months. Or kept in an airtight tin at room temperature this bread will last for 7 days.