Peanut Butter Sauce Quinoa Power Bowl
Peanut Butter Sauce Quinoa Power Bowl Is a quick and easy satisfying meal to put together. Packed full of fibre, protein and vitamins.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 8 small cauliflower florets
- 8 small broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot - sliced
- 140 grams smooth peanut butter 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch dried crushed chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 250 grams cooked quinoa 2 cups
- 85 grams unsalted peanuts
Start to heat the water in your steamer or if boiling heat a medium pan of water. Once the water is boiling, steam or boil your veg for 5 minutes.
While that is steaming/boiling in a small pan add in the peanut butter, light brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, crushed chillies, ground ginger and the crushed garlic. Over a low to medium heat stir everything together till it resembles a sauce and heats through. About 2-3 minutes. Once done take it off the heat.
Heat the quinoa in the microwave for 90 seconds or according to the packet instructions.
Mix the quinoa with 2/3 of the sauce and half of the peanuts and dish out into 2 bowls.
Take the veg out of the steamer and divide it between the 2 bowls and pour the remaining sauce on top of the veg.
Divide the remaining peanuts between the bowls by scattering them on top.
- For this recipe I used ready cooked quinoa but if you are going to need to cook your own then you may need a few minutes longer to get everything together.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 894kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 25.26g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 9.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 36.4g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 1332mg | Potassium: 1114mg | Fiber: 12.4g | Sugar: 23.53g | Vitamin A: 15200IU | Vitamin C: 47.9mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 5.8mg