Small Batch No Chill Gingerbread Cookies
Small Batch No Chill Gingerbread Cookies are a quick and easy to put together. Soft in the middle with crispy edges. These gingerbread cookies hold their shape during baking. Making it a perfect cookie dough for cutting out shapes with.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 9 large cookies
- 45 grams light brown sugar 1/4 cup lightly packed
- 100 grams molasses 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 55 grams unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 210 grams plain / all purpose flour 1 and 2/3 cup + 4 teaspoons
Preheat your oven to 170C/340F/Gas mark 3 and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone mat then place to one side.
In a small saucepan on the hob add in the sugar, molasses, spices & salt and on a low heat melt everything together.
Once the sugar has melted into the molasses take it off the heat and add in the butter then stir until its melted into the molasses mix.
Allow it to cool for a few minutes then add in the egg yolk and stir until everything is well incorporated.
Add the baking powder to the flour and gradually add that to the liquid ingredients and mix until you have a dough that is the consistency of play dough.
Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking parchment or clingfilm/plastic wrap until it's 1/4 inch thick.
Cut your cookies out using cutters dusted in icing sugar and place your cookies on your cookie sheet and pop them in your hot oven.
Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
Take them out of the oven once they are baked and leave them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to fully cool down.
Decorate as you wish once they are fully cooled down.
These cookies are best eaten within 3 days and kept in an airtight tin at room temperature.
- The number of cookies will depend on what size you want. You can make 9 large cookies, or 6 large, 4 medium and 5 small. It's completely up to you.
- The nutritional value is based on 9 large cookies.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.8g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 5.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 11.1g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.8mg