One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are a healthy breakfast option, with very little added sugar. Quick and easy to make these are sure not to disappoint.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 310 grams plain/all purpose flour 2 and 1/2 cups
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 113 grams unsalted butter - melted 1 stick
- 240 millilitres unsweetened almond milk 1 cup
- 60 millilitres olive oil 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas - mashed
- 200 grams dark chocolate chips 1 cup
Preheat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas mark 7 and lightly grease or line a large muffin pan and place to one side.
In a large mixing bowl add in all the dry ingredients (flour/baking powder/baking soda/salt/ground cinnamon) and give them a quick whisk to mix them all together.
Then add in the wet ingredients (eggs/melted butter/milk/olive oil/vanilla extract/mashed banana) and with a gentle hand mix it all together.
Fold in the chocolate chips, then spoon the batter to your muffin pan. Depending on the size of your tin you will get somewhere between 12-16 muffins. I have a large muffin tin and got 12 good size muffins.
Bake at this temperature for 8 minutes then reduce your oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5 and bake for a further 12 minutes.
Once the time is up check on your muffins, a pick should come out clean from the centre of your muffins and they should spring back from your touch. If not give them another few minutes.
Leave them to cool in their tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to fully cool down.
Kept in an airtight tin these muffins will keep well for 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Defrost fully before consuming.
- I use unsweetened almond milk but any milk will work - cows/cashew/goats/soya/coconut/rice etc.
- I really like the subtle flavour olive oil brings to these muffins but any light oil will work - vegetable/canola/sunflower/coconut (melted)/extra virgin olive oil etc.
- Any kind of chocolate chips will work well in these muffins.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.4g | Protein: 5.2g | Fat: 18.1g | Saturated Fat: 8.6g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 1.5g | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg