No Bake Peanut Butter Ginger Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Ginger Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are Vegan and easy to make Gluten Free. Chewy and packed full of flavour and pretty healthy as well!
Prep Time10 mins
Chilling time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 10 Bars
- 260 grams crunchy peanut butter 1 cup
- 120 millilitres light agave nectar 1/2 cup
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 140 grams rolled oats 1 and 1/2 cups
- 55 grams quick oats 1/2 cup
- 30 grams Rice Krispies 1 cup
- 75 grams crystallised ginger 1/2 cup
- 60 grams dark chocolate chips 1/3 cup
Line an 8x8 inch square tin with baking parchment and place to one side.
In a large mixing bowl microwave on high for 30 seconds the peanut butter and agave nectar.
Stir the two ingredients together until they are well combined then stir in the ground ginger.
Pour in the oats and quick oats and mix until all of the oats are well covered.
Gently stir in the rice krispies.
Fold in the crystallised ginger and most of the chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of your bars and gently press them in.
Place your tin in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Take the tin out of the freezer and cut it into 10 bars. Wrap each bar in baking parchment to stop them sticking together.
These bars are best kept in the fridge, but can be kept at room temperature but they will crumble a little bit more. They will be good for 10 days in the fridge and 5 days at room temperature.
- You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter, I just like the texture of crunchy peanut butter.
- You can substitute peanut butter with your favourite nut butter, almond/cashew etc.
- For the quick oats, I just used 2 sachets of instant oats/porridge. If you don't have any just pulse regular oats for a few seconds in a blender to break them up a little bit.
- Use Gluten Free oats if you need these bars to be free of any gluten.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.6g | Protein: 9.8g | Fat: 16.1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 15.4g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 4.5mg