I’ve been using a lot of fruit recently in my recipes and while fruit will always remain my number one treat (next to peanut butter but then again I eat it in sandwiches with a banana!) I was really craving a treat that was just that little bit naughtier 😉
But I didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove not when I have a Valentines menu to think about 🙂
As a kid I remember enjoying rice krispie treats, very simple just rice krispies and melted marshmallow and if it was a special occasion chocolate chips may be included.
To be honest these were a product of what I already had in the panty.
Some chocolate chips white and dark, mini marshmallows, white chocolate and of course yummy scrummy peanut butter 😀 smooth or crunchy will work in this recipe.
In many ways these are kind of a cross between a krispy treat and a rock road bar. Ideal for lunch boxes, afternoon pick-me-ups or late night treats while watching your favourite TV shows.
Simple to make
These are so simple to make, its just a case of melting the white chocolate and peanut butter together pour it over your rice krispies and allow to cool for a little while. Stir in you inclusions transfer to a pan, fridge to set and cut up to enjoy!
The hardest part is waiting for them to set! You can add whatever inclusions you like don’t over stuff them otherwise they might not set properly and be too crumbly but if you keep the amounts similar to what I have added you should be fine.
White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
- 335 grams white chocolate - finely chopped ((2 cups))
- 135 grams peanut butter - smooth or crunchy ((1/2 cup))
- 40 grams rice krispies ((1 and 1/2 cups))
- 65 grams mini marshmallows ((1 and 1/2 cups))
- 90 grams mini dark chocolate chips ((1/2 cup))
- 90 grams mini white chocolate chips ((1/2 cup))
- Line an 8-inch tin with parchment paper, and place to one side.
- Place the mini chocolate chips in a bowl and place in the freezer until needed. It helps them keep their shape when you add them in later and the mix is a little warm.
- Melt the white chocolate and peanut butter together in either a double boiler over a gentle heat or in a microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments.
- Once melted add it to the rice krispies in a large bowl and gently mix together and then leave to cool for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled to about room temperature add in the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and very carefully mix it all together.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan and gently flatten out into an even layer. Place your tray in the fridge to set; they will usually be set in 2 hours but leave it overnight if possible. Once set remove and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.