I found this recipe on Pinterest when I was on a major pinning binge (be honest we all have them) and I knew I couldn’t resist making them. The original recipe comes from Stephanie over at Back For Seconds I only made one slight change to the recipe but essentially it’s her wonderful recipe. So let’s get on and talk about these White Chocolate Banana Blondies.
I don’t make a lot of brownies or blondies, I love them but chocolate is just never my go to thing. I don’t bake a lot with it and its never my first choice from the dessert trolly. But because these are banana and lets face it I haven’t hidden my huge obsession with all things banana, I could’t resist giving these a go.
These bad boy white chocolate banana blondies literally melt in your mouth, they are soft, fluffy and fudgy all at the same time. The white chocolate and banana complement each other perfectly to give you a cheeky little treat in a square. I found these blondies are great as a snack but can also be tarted up nicely as a dessert. Serve a square with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream and a few shaving of white chocolate and you have a dessert fit for a queen!
I decided to keep it simple with just a little sprinkle of powdered sugar.
So if you are after a quick easy sweet fix then these white chocolate banana blondies are for you. So easy and quick to make. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool down enough to cut them up! Aghh I was so impatient the first and honestly the second time! I hate waiting for banana goodness.
- 53 grams unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 113 grams white chocolate (4 ounces)
- 2 ripe medium bananas - mashed
- 105 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams plain / all purpose flour (1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and lightly grease and line an 8 inch square pan with baking parchment. Allow for a little overhang so the blondie is easy to take out once baked.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a small pan of boiling water or in the microwave for 30 second bursts on high.
- Stir in the sugar to the melted butter chocolate mix.
- Then add in the mashed banana, egg and vanilla. Stir till everything is well combined.
- Gently mix in the flour, salt and baking powder to the liquid ingredients.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and pop it into the middle of your hot oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Check the blondies at the 15 minute mark, insert a skewer into them and if it comes out clean they are ready. Mine took closer to the 20 minute mark as I have a slow oven.
- Allow them to fully cool down in the tin. Then take the blondie out and cut them up into 9 equal squares.