Autumn is now in full swing and all things pumpkin are now officially allowed 🎃🙌🍂 so lets not dilly dally. And let me share these Vegan Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts with you. Baked cake style donut’s packed full of sweet spices, pumpkin and chocolate chips.
As I have mentioned many times before I am not vegan but I am strictly vegetarian. When possible I like to make my bakes vegan. It’s not always possible, but I try when I can so as many people as possible can enjoy my treats. These vegan sugar free chocolate chip pumpkin donuts were so easy to keep vegan. The only fat I used was a light vegetable oil, there was no need for butter or cream. The chocolate chips are dark chocolate so there is no dairy in them. Please keep this in mind if you are making these for a vegan friend. Not all chocolate is vegan-friendly.
To shave off a few calories, so there would be less guilt when shovelling multiple donuts into my mouth, I used a 0 calorie sweetener. Natvia Natural Sweetener is my sweetener of choice, its 100% natural and did I mention 0 calories? You can replace with any sweetener of your choice, and if you are not worried about a few extra calories then just use sugar.
If sugar is not an issue for you, then I have a lovely recipe for Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts, that you may like to try.
One thing I really like about making cake style donuts, is they are generally made in small batches. So temptation can only last for a few days! But you can easily double or triple this recipe for a larger batch. So happy October everyone and let’s enjoy all the lovely pumpkin goodness that is going around.
Vegan Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk*
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Molasses/Black Treacle
- 6 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 5 tablespoons Natvia Natural Sweetener*
- 125 grams Plain/All Purpose Flour (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon AllSpice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 50 grams Dark Chocolate Chips (1/4 cup)
- Lightly grease a 6 hole donut pan with vegan-friendly oil/spread and place to one side.
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4.
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the almond milk, molasses, vegetable oil and pumpkin purée. Mix everything until very well combined.
- Mix in the Natvia natural sweetener.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and spices and whisk everything gently together.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into your donut pan and pop it in your hot oven and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Once baked through, take the pan out of the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to fully cool down.
- Kept in an airtight tin, these donuts should last for 5 days. If you want to freeze them place them in the freezer and eat within 2 months.