Sweet Crispy Cabbage Salad with Lime Dressing is a super simple side salad that comes together in minutes. Sweetened by the grapes, crispy and savoury by the cabbage and red onion. Zingy with the lime dressing. Say hello to your new summer side salad obsession
Texture makes the salad.
This sweet crispy cabbage salad with lime dressing has a lot of textures for such a simple side salad. The grapes gently burst in your mouth, the red onion has a softer bite to it. Whilst the cabbage is crunchy to the max!
If like me you are always in a hurry and you own a food processor, then this salad will come together in mere minutes. I shredded both the cabbage and onion and it took seconds, but you can make this salad by hand. Just make sure you slice the cabbage and onion as evenly as you can. Cut the grapes in half and shred fresh parsley then toss it all together.
Zingy lime dressing.
This is another super simple componanat to put together, just zest and juice a lime throw in a little extra virgin olive oil (regular olive oil will also work) and a tiny touch of salt and pepper brings it all together. If you feel you want it a little bit sweeter then I would suggest adding a teaspoon of maple syrup and see how you get on, but I find the grapes sweeten it enough for me.
Supersizing the salad.
I like this as a side salad I find it freshens up any dish it is served with and would be a great salad to serve at a Barbecue, but it could be served as a main if you added your favourite protein to it. I would stick to lighter seafood, poultry or tofu, keep it light so as not to weigh the salad down.
Sweet Crispy Cabbage Salad with Lime Dressing
- 1/2 medium white cabbage
- 15 red grapes
- 1/4 red onion
- Large handful of fresh parsley
- Zest and juice from 1 small lime
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- If you can shred your cabbage and onion in your food processor, if doing it by hand try and shred you cabbage and onion as evenly and thinly as you can. Empty into a medium serving bowl.
- Slice your grapes in half and throw into the bowl with your cabbage and onion.
- Rip your parsley up and add to your bowl. Toss everything together.
- Zest and juice your lime, mix in the olive oil, salt and pepper and drizzle over your salad.
- Gently toss everything together and serve.
- Kept in an airtight container this salad will keep in the fridge for 3 days.