I have just cheered Andy Murray into the second week of Wimbledon while snacking on this delightful chocolaty snack. I took my inspiration from the famous Wimbledon treat of strawberries and cream.
White chocolate sprinkled with freeze dried strawberries, Wimbledon-luscious 😀
A little time away
I must say it is good to be back and posting again these last few months for me have been both horrible and fantastic all at the same time. My Nan took a stroke and I have had to return back down South to England to help my Mum out while my Nan was in need of constant care. Michael and I took a short holiday to Rome as we hadn’t seen each other for moths and upon our return we were told my Nan had sadly passed away while we were away. So we headed back down South again to say our final goodbyes, she had lived independently in her own home for 93 years.
But there was a silver lining to all this 😀 My sister Christina and her husband Ian had their first baby a beautiful boy called Daniel 😀 so for me it was back down South to England again to meet my new Nephew.
So during all this time I used up all my reserve emergency posts and just haven’t had the time to get back in the kitchen, but hopefully things will settle down now…….. oh yeah Michael has been sent back to sea out in the Middle East and I am due back at sea soon!!! Oh well it never just rains but it pours!
Back to the Chocolate
As I mentioned its Wimbledon so I am enjoying the tennis to its full and of course I am cheering on Andy (but I will always have a soft spot for Rafael Nadal). I am just pretending England haven’t crashed out of the world cup… IT NEVER HAPPENED!
So Simple To Make
There are only 2 ingredients for this delicious simple to make bark, the hardest part is waiting for it to set. Chocolate bark has long been a favourite in my house, Michael adores chocolate and to buy a slab like this costs a lot of money. Why pay premium prices when you can make your own? And there is no need to be snobby about your chocolate use what you like, why use a 90% cocoa chocolate if secretly you just like to chow down on a 40% cocoa?
Strawberries and Cream White Chocolate Bark
- 200 grams white chocolate ((7 ounces))
- 7 grams freeze dried strawberries ((1/4 cup))
- Get out a sheet of parchment paper and place it on your work top, if you need to cut it to size then do so.
- Break up your chocolate into pieces in a microwavable dish and pop it in the microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds at a time. Careful you don't over heat your chocolate and make it grainy.
- Once it's all melted pour it out onto your baking parchment and spread it out with a rubber spatula to a rectangle of about 6 inches wide (15cm) by 10 inches long (25cm). These measurements are not precise, if you want it a little thicker then make it a little bit smaller.
- Sprinkle the freeze dried strawberries all over your melted chocolate slab and gently press them into the chocolate with your finger tips.
- Leave to set for a few hours, if your kitchen is warm then pop it into the fridge to set. Kept in an airtight tin in the fridge this bark will be good for 2 weeks.