Let’s just jump straight in with this months Peanut Butter Bash recipe shall we? Why? Because these Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies are just so good. Soft and pillowy in the middle and crispy on the outside. I know you are going to love these cookies as much as I do. I’m sure you have already guessed this month we mixed peanut butter with cinnamon. And they really make a great pairing, it has to be tried to be believed.
Cinnamon & Peanut Butter
I’ve been wanting to make snickerdoodle cookies for a really long time. I remember making some batches a few years ago when I first moved into this house. The house was lovely and inviting with the sweet smell of cinnamon cookies coming from the kitchen and drifting through the house. And luckily it happened again, this time with a hint of peanut butter added into the mix 😍😋
I guess because I have added peanut butter to these peanut butter snickerdoodle cookies, they are not true snickerdoodle cookies. But you know what, when a cookie tastes this good who cares about semantics? You are always going to get purists saying NO WAY! But give them a try, it’s always good to try something new.
Cream of Tartar.
To try and stick to the original as much as possible I did use cream of tartar in these cookies. It helps to give the cookies that tang that they are famous for. If your cupboards are lacking cream of tartar then you can replace it with baking powder. Just remember, they will be, strictly speaking, further away from the original snickerdoodle principles then this recipe already is. Hey, I am not the cookie police so I won’t say anything, I promise 😉
One of the best things about these peanut butter snickerdoodle cookies is, the dough is no chill! Yeah!!! That means from raw ingredients to your mouth in under 30 minutes. Seriously, what more could you ask for? When I made these cookies before there was no benefit to chilling the dough for any length of time. So go right ahead and pop it right into the oven. Which is always a good thing when it comes to a cookie.
Seriously what are you waiting for? Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies are just 30 minutes away 😀
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 75 grams granulated sugar (1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 210 grams unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 200 grams granulated sugar (1 cup)
- 50 grams light brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 130 grams smooth peanut butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 420 grams plain / all purpose flour (3 and 1/2 cups)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornflour / starch
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C / 375F / Gas mark 5 and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon for the coating together then place to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars together until well combined.
- Mix in the peanut butter.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk along with the vanilla and beat until everything is very well combined.
- Pour in about 1/3 of the flour, along with the cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and cornflour and mix everything together.
- Add another 1/3 of four and mix again.
- Fold in the remaining flour.
- Roll the cookies out to about 1 and 1/2 tablespoon size balls and roll them about in the cinnamon sugar coating and pop them on your prepared baking sheet and bake.
- I found 13 minutes was perfect for my oven, but some ovens (actually most) are faster than mine so check on your cookies at the 10 minute mark.
- Once baked take the cookies out of the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to fully cool down.
- Stored in an airtight tin these cookies are best eaten within 3 - 4 days.
- The cookies can also be frozen, unbaked or baked for 3 months. If cooking the dough from frozen add a few minutes on to the baking time.