If things are going to plan then my ship will be coming back into the UK today and this will be the end of my imposed silence! If things go quiet on the blog then my voyage had been extended…. But I am looking on the positive side of things and everything will go to plan. So to celebrate my return home (hopefully!) I am going to share one of my all time favourite recipes with you and yes of course it is peanut butter flavoured 😀 Peanut Butter Cookies.
Peanut Butter Madness
The cookies themselves have a whopping 225 grams (a little over 3/4 cup) of peanut butter in them and to give even more peanut butter bliss I have included peanut butter chips in these cookies.
These are completely optional as they are not the easiest of things to come by in the UK, I have to buy them online. But if you can get them I highly recommend using them. For my UK friends if they are too difficult to come by you could replace them with chocolate chips instead. They would still taste great 🙂
Soft and Buttery
These are soft buttery cookies that just melt in your mouth, and are insanely addictive. One is never enough. I know these will be the first thing I will be baking when I get home. The aroma from the oven while they are baking is so good.
The only down side to these cookies is the dough can be a little sticky to work with because of all the butter and peanut butter in them. This recipe is not for the faint hearted. But with a little time in the fridge the dough does become easier to work with but still expect sticky hands. But when something tastes this good, whats sticky hands between friends?
If you love peanut butter and you love cookies this recipe is for you, you will love it I promise 😀
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 115 grams softened unsalted butter ((1 stick))
- 125 grams soft dark brown sugar ((1/2 cup - firmly packed))
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 grams peanut butter - smooth or crunchy ((3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon))
- 115 grams plain flour (all purpose, (A scant 1 cup))
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 85 grams peanut butter chips or chocolate if you prefer ((1/2 cup)>)
- Beat the butter and sugar together till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and gently fold to bring it all together.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips if you are using them. Then chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and get a couple of large baking sheets ready.
- Roll the dough out into 24 balls. When they go on the baking sheet press them flat with a fork to about 2 and 1/2 inches (6cm) wide making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When you bring them out of the oven leave them on their tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to fully cool down. Then enjoy.
- If you keep them in an airtight tin these cookies will last 5 to 7 days.... good luck in keeping them that long!