It was meant to be that time of month again when we enter into the world of peanut butter bashing. But unfortunately for most September / October is such a busy time of year with kids returning to school and other family commitments no one else could join me 🙁 so consider these Overloaded Peanut Butter Candy Stuffed Blondies a peanut butter bash orphan! This month it was with candy (I know so American right?) or sweets if you are UK based like me 😀
I fancied making some blondies and they are super easy to add things too, but to fully get into the peanut butter zone all my candies are peanut butter candies also. So these really are Overloaded Peanut Butter Candy Stuffed Blondies we have peanut butter flavoured blondie and peanut butter M&M’s and Reese’s Pieces to top it all of. Now that’s what I call some peanut butter power.
Until I started this blog blondies had never really been on my radar. It’s not really a thing you see it British tea rooms and cafes. Brownies are everywhere but blondies not so much. I have now made them a few times and I have to admit to them overtaking brownies in something I would rather eat. Soft and squidgy like brownies but just that little bit more interesting to me. Regular readers will know that while I love chocolate, hey who doesn’t? It will almost always never be my first choice when it comes to a sweet treat.
This is a great and versatile blondie recipe, one simple swap out changes the whole profile of them. When I first made them it was for these White Chocolate Banana Blondies (they were totally amazing and worth checking out). This time I took out the white chocolate and replaced it with peanut butter. Oh my what a result! Peanut Butter lovers will rejoice they just melt in your mouth. But I have also experimented with replacing the white chocolate with apple sauce and cinnamon – amazing! And even Pumpkin…. oh yeah baby 😉 don’t worry they are coming soon! But back to these overloaded peanut butter candy stuffed blondies.
Perfect Party Treats
I know some blondies and brownies are so super squishy they are near on impossible to eat without a fork and while they are awesome its not always practical. These are soft and squidgy but they hold up really well and make perfect party treats.
After all Halloween is coming up soon and these will make a great addition to the treat table. To try and limit how many of these I ate I cut some of them up into bite size pieces…… yeah that didn’t work. I just told myself I could have another one as they were only bite sized. Sill tasted great 😉
But it did give me the idea that these would make great party treats, when cut up into little bite sized pieces.
The choice is totally yours. Cut into 9, 12 or 25 these overloaded peanut butter candy stuffed blondies are still just as amazing 😀
Overloaded Peanut Butter Candy Stuffed Blondies
- 55 grams unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 115 grams smooth peanut butter (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 2 ripe medium bananas - mashed
- 105 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams plain / all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 90 grams peanut butter M&Ms (3.2 ounce theatre box)
- 113 grams Reeses Pieces (1/2 cup)
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and line an 8x8 inch square tin with baking parchment, then place to one side.
- In a medium sized microwavable bowl melt the butter for 60 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Once melted add in the peanut butter, sugar, mashed banana, egg and vanilla extract and mix everything together until it is fully combined.
- Pour in the flour, salt, baking powder and ground cinamon and gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in 90% of your candies into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and smooth it out on top so it fills every corner. Sprinkle the remaining candies over the top ad place it in your hot oven.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes.
- I have a pretty slow oven so it took 27 minutes for mine to be fully baked through. So its a good idea to check it at around the 23 minute mark.
- Once baked take the blondie out of your oven and allow it to fully cool down in its tin before you take it out.
- Slice into 9, 12 or 25 depending on what sixe blondies you want.
- Its best to keep these blondies in a tin in the fridge they are nice cold but if you prefer allow them to come back to room tempreture before serving.
- Eat within 3 to 4 days.
Do you fancy joining in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so email Miranda and ask to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun, but don’t have your own blog. The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Hope to see you around 😀