It’s that time of month again when I get to play about with peanut butter and another ingredient. This month I am pairing peanut butter with honey. Because honey is such a delicate flavour I really didn’t want to make a baked treat. Because its summer, ice cream is a favourite around here so this was a no brainer. So let me introduce you to my new favourite dessert, No Churn Honey Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream. 🍯🍦😍
As the title suggests this is a no churn ice cream, so no ice cream maker is needed and there is no returning to the freezer every 90 minutes to stir and break up ice crystals to enjoy this creamy delicious dessert. Its a simple case of whisk, drizzle a little stir and thats it all done, in a few hours you will have a soft, cool creamy dessert for your enjoyment.
This ice cream will remain pretty soft, even after a long time in the freezer. A lot of that is down to the amount of sugar and fat in this product. A health food this is not. Like most no churn ice creams this is a basic mix of cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and to flavour it we have a healthy dose of honey. All this sugar and fat keeps this ice cream soft and creamy.
I made a small batch of this no churn honey peanut butter swirl ice cream, but the recipe can easily be doubled if you need it to be.
Honey & Peanut Butter.
Honey is the main star of this dessert and because honey is such a delicate flavour at the best of times, there is quite a bit of it in this recipe, 120 millilitres (1/2 cup) mixed into the base itself and then another few teaspoons drizzled on top for the swirly part. I usually prefer a mild light honey but I was too afraid the flavour would be lost so I used a darker medium flavoured honey instead.
As mentioned I didn’t want to overpower the honey flavour so all I added was a peanut butter honey drizzle. I microwaved 4 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter for 20 seconds and mixed it with 2 teaspoons of honey. I placed 6 small dollops on top of the unfrozen mix and swirled it in with a pallet knife.
No Churn Honey Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
- 200 grams sweetened condensed milk (5/8 cup)
- 300 millilitres double (heavy cream (1 and 1/4 cups))
- 120 milliliters medium honey (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a stand mixer bowl or a large mixing bowl pour in the sweetened condensed milk, cream, honey and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the mixture until it has doubled in volume and is at the soft peak stage.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sized freezer proof dish.
- In a small bowl spoon in the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and the 2 teaspoons of honey and heat for 20 seconds in your microwave.
- Stir it together and then gently place 6 small dollops on to the top of the mixture and very gently using a pallet knife or even a chop stick, gently swirl it into the creamy batter.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, over night if you can.
- This ice cream will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Check out these beautiful Peanut Butter Stuffed Honey Taffy’s from my friend Gina