Its ‘Peanut Butter Bash’ time and this month to tantalise your tastebuds we are mixing things up with strawberries. ❤️ It has been forever since I’ve shared a granola recipe with you. And who doesn’t love homemade granola? It’s far healthier then shop bought granola and it is so customisable you can make any flavour you fancy. So I know you are going to go crazy for this Homemade Peanut Butter Strawberry Granola.
Peanut Butter Granola
This is my go-to-recipe for peanut butter granola, its simple and made with pantry staples. This time I used jumbo oats as that is what I had in my cupboard, but regular oats work just as well. This recipe is Vegan and by switching to gluten free oats it can also become a gluten free recipe.
The basic granola is just oats, quinoa (it adds a good healthy boost) peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and a touch of vanilla. These pantry basics will give you a tasty wholesome peanut butter granola.
As this months theme was strawberries, I kept the add-ins to a minimum but feel free to go crazy and add what you like. This time I just used freeze dried strawberries, all the flavour of strawberries without all the sogginess. It will make storing this homemade peanut butter strawberry granola so much easier. Freeze dried berries are readily available in most big stores in the UK and I know Amazon also sell them as well. I am guessing they are also readily available around the rest of the world too. I also just added in some sunflower seeds for flavour and texture and a small helping of crushed peanuts for a little more peanutty flavour.
Fresh is Best
When serving this homemade peanut butter strawberry granola, if you can then add in some fresh strawberries as very little beasts their fresh sweet flavour. This granola can be enjoyed with milk of any kind, as a topping for yogurt or even straight from the tin as a healthy snack!
- 100 grams jumbo oats (1 cup)
- 50 grams quinoa (1/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 grams freeze dried strawberries (1/3 cup)
- 45 grams sunflower seeds (1/3 cup)
- 2 and ½ tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- Fresh strawberries to serve
- Preheat your oven to 160C / 325F / Gas mark 3 and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone mat.
- Measure out your oats and place them in a medium sized bowl.
- In a smaller microwavable bowl add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, ground cinnamon and the vanilla extract, and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Take it out of the microwave and stir to mix everything together and pour over your oats. Mix everything together so all of your oats have a coating.
- Spread your oats out over your baking sheet in little clusters and pop them in your warm oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir your oats and place them back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to fully cool down, it will crisp up even more as it cools down.
- Once cooled add in the freeze dried strawberries, sunflower seeds and chopped peanuts and stir it all together.
- Kept in an airtight container at room temperature this granola will easily last for a month.
- Serve with fresh strawberries for an even bigger strawberry hit.
I used jumbo oats but regular oats work just as well.
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun but don’t run your own blog, The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Here are the other peanut butter and strawberry dishes.
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there! Check out the recipes we made while you are at it!
No Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Kleinworth & Co.
Peanut Butter Strawberry Popsicles from The Queen of Delicious