Homemade Cookies n Cream Popcorn is the perfect crunchy sweet snack. It’s a super simple recipe with only 3 ingredients needed to make it. This delicious tasty snack is perfect for lunchboxes, picnics or munching your way through a movie.
Seriously, who doesn’t love popcorn? Its a healthy base to a more sinful snack but even just lightly salted popcorn is great. But this time I decided I wanted to head down the sinful route and smother it in white chocolate and sprinkle it with Oreo’s. Seriously is that not a combination made in heaven? It all starts with a lovely beautifully freshly popped popcorn.
Which then gets completely smothered in white chocolate and sprinkled with Oreo crumbs and chunks.
By no means do you have to use Oreo’s, any chocolate sandwich cookie will work perfectly. Oreo’s are cheap and plentiful in the UK so I was happy to use them. But by all means, use a non-branded version if you prefer. It will taste just as incredible I promise 😀
This is a great snack for movie night, parties, pot-lucks and picnics. Homemade Cookies n Cream Popcorn is a great first step into making homemade gourmet popcorn, so grab those kernals and get popping!
- 70 grams popcorn kernels (1/3 cup)
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 200 grams white chocolate (7 ounces)
- Pop your popcorn per packet instructions. I used an air popper for ease and zero mess!
- Place all of your popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- Grab a large baking sheet and line it with baking parchment or a non-stick silicone mat and place to one side.
- Bash your Oreo's into mixed sizes, you want a mixture of crumbs and small to medium bits.
- Break the white chocolate up into small squares and microwave at 30 seconds intervals on a medium heat until completely melted. Careful because white chocolate melts quickly and you don't want to burn it.
- Pour the melted white chocolate all over your popcorn and give it a good mixing until all of the popcorn is covered. Don't be afraid to get your hands in there to give it a good coating.
- Spread the chocolate covered popcorn over your prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the Oreo crumbs and bits all over the popcorn.
- To set quickly place the popcorn in your fridge. Once set, around 60 minutes plate your popcorn up and enjoy.
- Like most homemade gourmet popcorns this is best enjoyed on the day. But kept in an airtight tin this popcorn should be good for 3 days.