🎄🎊🎁 Merry Christmas everyone this is just a quick post to wish everyone all the best for a great festive season with a really simple recipe attached to it. Requiring no baking and is a great one to get the kids involved with. It’s just a bit of bashing things together a teeny tiny bit of melting, mixing and pressing it all together to give you these lovely Ginger White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Crunch Squares.
This really is the simplest most amazing no bake treat on the planet. Bashed gingernut biscuits / ginger snap cookies mixed together with macadamia nuts, some dried cranberries and held all together with delicious white chocolate. So so so simple yet so good!
Cut it it into squares or slabs I’m not judging 😉 and you’re all done to enter into ginger white chocolate macadamia cranberry crunch squares heaven.
So what kind of holiday cookie person are you? A spice fan, where everything is cinnamon and ginger? A fruit & nut fan, where everything is stuffed with raisins, nuts and cranberries or are you a chocolate fan? No matter what kind of cookie fan you are, these bad boys have you covered. As they fall into every category 😋
My job here has now been done and I don’t want to keep you any longer. Please have a very merry Christmas, my best wishes to you and your families and I hope santa brings you everything you could dream of. Merry Christmas 🎄 😘🎉
Ginger White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Crunch Squares
Yield 8 squares
Ginger White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Crunch Squares are a simple to put together treat that will suit all the cookie fans in your family. Gingery, fruity, nutty and chocolaty.
- 300 grams white chocolate - divided (10.5 ounces)
- 55 grams unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 150 grams gingernuts / gingersnaps (5 ounces)
- 100 grams dried cranberries (3/4 cup)
- 100 grams chopped macadamia nuts (3/4 cup)
- Line an 8 x 5 1/2 inch tin with baking parchment. (The tin does not need to be exactly this size as this is a very forgiving recipe).
- In a microwave safe bowl or Bain-Marie melt 250 grams / 8.5 ounces of the chocolate and all the butter together. Keep a close eye on this as white chocolate doesn't need long to melt.
- While this is happening break your ginger biscuits / cookies into small pieces.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter over the broken cookies and add in the cranberries, reserving a few to sprinkle on top and the chopped nuts.
- Mix everything together making sure everything has a good coating of the chocolate and pour the mixture into your tin.
- Gently press down either with your fingers or the back of a spoon until everything is relatively well compacted.
- Melt the remaking chocolate and drizzle over the top and sprinkle the few remaining cranberries on top.
- Pop your tin into the fridge and leave it to set for a few hours.
- Then slice and enjoy. I found these Ginger White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Crunch Squares keep best in the fridge and they will keep well in a tin for a week.
I cut mine into 8 good sized squares, but these can be cut into smaller squares to yield more portions.
Courses Slices / Squares & Traybakes