I adore ice cream, ice lollies and almost any frozen treat, but sorbet will always have a special place for me. It’s super fruity and oh so refreshing and with the hotter days arriving what better way to end a meal then with a lovely refreshing fruity sorbet, and to me mango’s scream out summer. Also let’s face it I love a kitchen short cut, an easy way to do things makes mine and you lives easier, so I am going to share how to make this super easy mango sorbet.
Easy to make
As I mentioned and now promise this is so easy to make, there is no need for sugar syrups and weird pre chilling times and leaving things overnight before even getting to the churning part.
All you have in here is fresh mango, icing sugar (powdered sugar) and a little lemon juice, yep that’s it just those 3 ingredients. The icing sugar acts as a sweetener and a thickener so you can miss out all those other ingredients a normal sorbet requires and the lemon juice gives it a lovely little tartness that helps cut through the sugar.
I am really lucky, Michael bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last year and it came with the ice cream maker attachment, but you can make sorbet by hand it just takes a bit longer. This recipe is ideally made with an ice cream maker but I will give details of what to do if you don’t have one.
Blend it up
All you need to do it chop your mango’s up and blend them, then add in your icing sugar (powdered sugar) and lemon juice blend again then churn in your ice cream maker in accordance with the manufactures instructions. Then pop it in a freezable container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Then hey presto you are good to go!
It can be done by hand and pre KitchenAid ice cream maker that’s exactly how I did it. After blending my fruit I used to place the mixture in a shallow pan and pop it in the freezer, then take it out every 30 minutes for the first 2 to 3 hours to give it a stir to prevent crystallisation. Then I transferred it to a deeper dish and covered it and let it freeze for several hours or over night. Like I said it does take a little longer but it will still give you great results 😀
Easy Mango Sorbet
- 2 large ripe mango's - chopped up
- 150 grams Icing sugar (Confectioners sugar, (1 cup))
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Peel and chop your mango's up into small pieces. Then pop your chopped mango into your blender and blend until you have a thick puree.
- Add in the icing sugar and lemon juice and blitz again until everything is well combined.
- Pour this mixture into your ice cream maker and work in accordance with the manufactures instructions. I found with mine I needed to churn for 15 minutes on the lowest speed.
- If doing it by hand, place the mixture in a shallow pan and pop it in the freezer, then take it out every 30 minutes for the first 2 to 3 hours to give it a stir to prevent crystallisation.
- Then transfer it to a deeper dish and cover it. Let it freeze for several hours or over night
- Serve and enjoy 😀 This sorbet will keep in your freezer for 2 months.
Mango is one of my favorite fruits and this sorbet makes it even more delicious and refreshing. I also love how the colors also match with the World Cup this year! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Hi Giovanna, thank you mangos are a fantastic summer fruit and I devour them all summer. I love the World Cup! What a great excuse to eat this during the games 😉 Good luck to your team 😀
I love mango sorbet. The colour is beautiful and so summery 🙂
Hi Olivia thank you 🙂 it’s one of my favourites too it’s like a bowl of sunshine!
SO easy, so refreshing, so delish! And the color is magnificent!
Hi Liz thank you so much it’s really good on a hot day 🙂
This looks delicious Emma! I love mangos and mango sorbet sounds so refreshing and tasty. The color is so so pretty 🙂 I haven’t tried making homemade sorbet yet and can’t wait to make this one 🙂
Hi Kelly thank you so much 😀 mangos are one of my favourite fruits I love their flavour and colour this is such a simple sorbet I’m sure you’ll love it.