Brownies are so popular because they are so versatile, you can add almost anything to them candy, fruit, nuts, and pretzels the list is pretty long. Most of us have our favourite recipes, our go-to-recipes if you like and I’m going to share mine with you.
I love this recipe because it’s so fudgy and chocolaty and to be extra decedent I put a layer of chocolate frosting on top! These brownies don’t need it but I was in a real chocolaty mood. So what makes these so fudgy? It’s the lack of butter and the addition of oil. It stops these going too much like cake. So who doesn’t want a great easy fudgy brownie recipe? I love this one and I know you will too 🙂
As always I added a mix of milk and white chocolate chips too up that chocolate hit even more, to add a little crunch I included some toasted pecans which were divine and some raisins because… well because I really like them 😀
As I said before I smothered these in a thick layer of chocolate buttercream, pure and utter decadence. No real need to do it but hey I wanted a chocolate explosion and these delivered. And when you need that super chocolate hit, because we all do at some point, these will hit your spot. Because these aren’t single or even double but triple chocolate, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and chocolate frosting!
The great thing about these are you will only need one bowl, barely 10 minutes to measure and mix everything up and they only take 25 minutes to bake. Unfortunately like all brownies you have to wait for them to fully cool before you can get them out of the tin but imagine this! You make and bake them before you head to bed, make the frosting while they are baking and pop it in the fridge overnight. Get the brownies out and leave them to cool overnight! You can have brownies in a minute in the morning! Not that I advocate brownies for breakfast ;D
So what are you waiting for? Go whip up a batch of these because you wont regret it. Super-duper fudgy brownies that don’t take very long to make and bake!
*Measurements in cups is a guide this recipe was made using metric weight*
What are your favourite brownie flavour combinations? Cherries? Walnuts? Pretzels? Candy? Peanut butter? I’d love to know 🙂
Easy Fudgy Brownies
For the brownies
- 130 grams Plain flour (All Purpose, (1 cup))
- 40 grams good quality cocoa powder ((1/3 cup))
- 100 grams light brown sugar ((2/3 cup))
- 125 grams granulated sugar ((2/3 cup))
- 60 grams dark chocolate chips ((1/3 cup))
- 60 grams white chocolate chips ((1/3 cup))
- 50 grams pecans - toasted ((1/2 cup))
- 45 grams raisins ((1/4 cup))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 milliliters vegetable oil ((2/3 cup))
- 3 large eggs
For the frosting
- 90 grams unsalted butter - soft ((1/2 cup))
- 25 grams good quality cocoa powder ((1/4 cup))
- 135 grams Icing sugar (Confectioners sugar, (1 cup))
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions for the brownies
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and line a 9x9 inch tin with parchment paper or lightly grease is.
- Add the flour, cocoa, both sugars, both lots of chocolate chips, pecans and raisins to a large mixing bowl and give them a good mixing together.
- Add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and eggs and mix till everything is just combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined tin, smooth it out so it reaches every corner and pop it into your oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Check your brownies after 20 minutes if you have a quick oven, you want a slight wobble in the middle but an over all set feeling.
- Take them out of the oven and allow the to fully cool down.
Directions for the frosting
- Beat the butter till it is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder and mix till fully incorporated.
- Then slowly add in the icing sugar and mix it into the butter mix.
- Add the milk and beat if for a few minutes until it is light and fluffy. Then spread liberally over your brownies.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!