I am so excited to share these Perfect Tasty Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies with you today. These amazing cookies have been years in the making. Many failed attempts have either gone straight into the bin or languish in the depths of my freezer. Too annoyed to throw them out and only OK enough to eat when the late night cravings kick in. (Don’t look at me like that, we have all been there! ). So let’s get to the point and talk about these perfect tasty easy chocolate chip cookies a little more. 😋🍪💕
Years in the making
Cookies or biscuits depending on where you are from in the world is probably one of the smallest sections on this blog. And embarrassingly you won’t find a chocolate chip cookie recipe. That is until now! Yes at long last there is a chocolate chip cookie recipe on the blog!
So many times I have tried to create my own recipes, adapt others and even make other people’s recipes and they have all been pretty average or well below par. I’m not blaming anyone except me, I just am not a cookie queen, ☹️ try as I might. Though I am super proud of every cookie/biscuit on this blog because they take so many try’s to get perfect. Just like these easy chocolate chip cookies.
What makes them perfect 👌
These babies are soft in the middle, crispy on the edges and each and every bite has plenty of chocolate chips in it. They are perfectly thick but definitely not cakey in any way shape or form. They don’t take forever to make and they require only minimal chilling time, to help develop the flavour and stiffen the dough up a little bit.
If if you like your cookies a little crunchier all you have to do is give them an extra few minutes in the oven and you will have crunchier cookies. Just keep an eye on them so they don’t burn and you end up with a tray of ruined cookies.
Let’s talk ingredients
Don’t worry I promise not to bore you with weird nerdy bakers talk, I just want to reassure you there is nothing odd or hinky in these cookies. Everything is a store cupboard basic which you no doubt already have. I use a combination of unsalted butter and margarine (vegetable shortening) a mix of brown sugar and white sugar. White sugar for the lovely crispy edges and brown sugar for the soft center. An egg and extra egg yolk, for binding and richness and vanilla extract for flavour.
Flour, baking powder and soda, salt and a touch of corn flour (corn-starch) to keep them soft. Oh and oodles of chocolate chips, I used a combination of regular and miniature, but either one or a mixture is fine as long as its chocolate chips and preferably dark / semi-sweet ones. See that’s it nothing weird is it?
With only a few simple easy to come by ingredients, you too can have a plate full of these Perfect Tasty Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies in just over an hour. 👌🍪😍
Perfect Tasty Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 420 grams plain/all purpose flour (3 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn-flour/corn-starch
- 105 grams unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 105 grams margarine/vegetable shortening (1/2 cup)
- 240 grams light brown sugar (1 cup - packed)
- 105 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300 grams dark / semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 and 1/2 cups)
- Place the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and corn-flour into a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well incorporated then place to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, margarine (shortening) and both sugars together until well mixed.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and beat briefly until everything is well mixed together.
- Pour in the flour mix and gently mix it all together, till you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the fridge for anything from 1 hour to 3 days.
- When ready to bake preheat your oven to 190C / 375F / Gas mark 5.
- Then either using a medium sized cookie scoop or improvise like me and scoop balls of about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons in size onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment or a silicone mat. Roll them into a ball shape, careful not to flatten them as they will spread a little in the oven.
- Depending on your oven and how well baked you like your cookies these will bake up in around 12-15 minutes.
- Kept in an airtight tin at room temperature these cookies will last up to 5 days.
- These cookies also freeze well for up to 2 months.