I actually made these Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Snickers Cheesecake Bars just before Christmas but never got around to sharing them with you. With Valentines Day fast approaching I thought this would be a great time to share them. Quick and easy to make and a perfect little treat for your loved ones. Or just to eat all by yourself, hey no judging from his direction!
To make these chocolate chip cookie snickers cheesecake bars even easier I used ready made shop bought cookie dough. But by all means please use your favourite homemade recipe if you prefer and if you don’t have one then I can highly recommend my own favourite homemade tasty easy chocolate chip cookies. I used shop bought because its quicker and easier and I wanted that to be an aspect of this recipe.
A nice crunchy cookie base to these bars takes them to the next level of yumminess. Sweet and buttery and even more chocolate, which is never a bad thing 😉
If I am going to eat a chocolate bar, which really isn’t that often. Then I am reaching for a Snickers bar. Its got chocolate, nougat, caramel and peanuts which for me is a heavenly combination. But if Snickers aren’t your thing then pretty much any bar of choice will work in its place.
That is the beauty of this recipe it can be altered for your own tastes. Pretty much any cookie base will work and pretty much any chocolate bar will be perfect.
I can’t actually believe this is only the second time I have shared a cheesecake recipe with you, I love cheesecake but I actually don’t make it too often at home. Maybe its because once I start eating it I just can’t get enough of its cool creamy deliciousness. It was the same with these bars, I just couldn’t stop returning to the fridge for another bite.
Great for the taste buds but not so great for the waistline!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Snickers Cheesecake Bars
Yield 9 -12 squares
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Snickers Cheesecake Bars are quick to put together treat made even easier by the fact you use ready-made cookie dough. Topped with a creamy vanilla cheesecake and cookie dough crumbs.
- 500 grams chocolate chip cookie dough (1 pound and 2 ounces)
- 120 grams snickers bars (4 and 1/2 ounces)
- 280 grams full fat cream cheese (10 ounces)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and line an 8x8 (20cm) square tin with baking parchment.
- Take 2/3rds of your cookie dough and place an even layer in the bottom of your tin, press it down with the back of a spoon.
- Chop you Snickers bars into small chunks and sprinkle half of them over your cookie dough base.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg together until you have a smooth creamy mixture.
- Pour this mixture over your base. Sprinkle the remaining snickers pieces and crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top as well.
- Place in your oven for 40-45 minutes
- When checking your cheesecake bars you want them to be set around the edges but there still to be a slight wobble in the middle. This will set as they cool.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to fully cool down before cutting them into squares.
- These bars need to be kept in the fridge and will keep for 4-5 days.
Courses Slices / Bars / Tray Bakes
Serving Size 1 square (out of 12)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 7.3 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 481 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41.6 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 5.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.