Is it just me or is every holiday just creeping up on you and then passing you by? Valentines Day anyone? Seriously that one just past me by then Mothers Day, again it just went by and now its Easter in a really short time. So I thought I had better get some Easter treats out to you guys, and I am starting with these super simple Easy Cadburys Cream Egg Brownies. Easy to put together, really chocolaty and packed full of everyones favourite little Easter treat.
This is my super simple go-to brownie recipe that requires only one bowl to make and can pretty much have anything you fancy adder to it. Fruits, nuts or more chocolate! If I want a quick brownie fix these are the ones I make. I made these last year with cadburys cream eggs but ate them all so never shared them….. opps my bad! But I remembered to this year and you know what the amazing thing about these bad boys is? As all the fondant melts into the batter it makes them taste even more like cadburys cream eggs. Heaven!!!
Making these brownies even more gooey and fudgy than normal. Now what more can a person ask for in a brownie. But as with most brownies if you prefer yours a little more cake like just give them an extra 5 minutes in the oven and they will firm up a little more giving you something more cake like. I like mine in-between, I like fudgy but I also like to be able to pick them up with my fingers. What can I say I am a girl who wants it all.
I love these super simple recipes, we all have them for different dishes and if its all in one bowl all the better. I have a dishwasher and I still hate dishes, because half of my baking dishes need to be washed by hand…. Seriously? So that’s why I love easy bakes like these.
I just wanted to quickly apologise if I have seemed a little flakey recently with my posting schedule and getting out to read other blogs, in the New Year I decided to head back to University for the second time. This time to study Psychology and this has been taking up quite a bit of my spare time recently. Things should settle down a little bit now that I have gotten back into the groove of studying again. Luckily its through the Open University (a correspondence University for my non UK friends) so I am still able to keep my full time job and run this blog! Lots to do but I much prefer to be busy, busy, busy! Hopefully these Easy Cadburys Cream Egg Brownies will make up for it!
Easy Cadburys Cream Egg Brownies
- 130 grams plain / all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 40 grams cocoa powder (5 tablespoons)
- 100 grams light brown sugar (1/2 cup lightly packed)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 milliliters vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cadburys cream eggs broken into small pieces
- 3 cadburys cream eggs for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and line an 8x8 inch (20cm) tin with baking parchment.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder and both sugars together.
- Add in the vanilla, vegetable oil and the 3 eggs and with a gentle hand mix everything together.
- Take your 3 cadburys cream eggs and cut them up into small chunks and gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you like your brownies on the fudgy side they should be ready at 20 minutes, still check by inserting a pick into them and see how clean it comes out. If you like them a little more like cake give them a further 5 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to fully cool down in their tin. Once cool take the brownie out and cut into 12 squares.
- If using crack open your remaining 3 cream eggs and place on top for decoration.
- Kept in an airtight tin at room temperature these brownies will last 5 days.