These last few weeks have been so busy, I have had a couple of huge essays due in for school (one down one to go!) while working some crazy shifts at work. Sometimes there is just so much on, that blogging has had to take a bit of a back seat. Hence why I am resharing this lovely Easter Themed Double Chocolate Bark. It’s a great little recipe/treat that makes a lovely homemade gift or as something pretty for your dessert table. Next week I promise to share something new 😀
I love chocolate bark for these following reasons;
- It’s chocolate so whats not to love?
- It’s so easy to customise to whatever theme you want or need at the time.
This Easter Themed Double Chocolate Bark is a perfect example of these 2 points combined. Two of my favourite types of chocolate combined, white and dark and I used Easter-themed sprinkles and inclusions to give it an Easter feel.
Pretty much anything goes when it comes to sprinkles, so go wild and have fun. I used some rice paper bunnies, candy butterflies and rice paper flowers. Along with brightly coloured sprinkles and confetti, and to add even more chocolate to this heavenly bark I threw in some milk chocolate mini eggs to finish it off.
Being attractive and easy to make, combine to make this Easter Themed Double Chocolate Bark a real Easter winner!
Easter Themed Double Chocolate Bark
- 200 grams good quality dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa (7 ounces)
- 200 grams good quality white chocolate (7 ounces)
- 100 grams mini eggs (2/3 cup)
- Colourful sprinkles to suit.
- Lay out a large sheet of baking parchment.
- Break up the dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave it in 30 second blasts on high until it is all melted.
- Working quickly pour the melted dark chocolate into the centre of the baking parchment and gently spread it out into a large rectangular shape.
- Working quickly so the dark chocolate doesn't set, break up the white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and melt it on high in 30 second blasts.
- Once melted pour it on top of the dark chocolate and gently spread it all over the dark chocolate.
- Using a tooth pick run it through the chocolate to create a swirly pattern.
- Break up some of your mini eggs and leave some whole and sprinkle them all over the chocolate.
- Then sprinkle any other colourful sprinkles over the chocolate that you want to. I used a combination of bunny shaped sprinkles, rice flowers and colour sprinkles.
- Once finished place your chocolate slab in the fridge to set. About 60 minutes should do it!
- Once set take it out of the fridge and break it into smaller pieces to serve or gift.
- This chocolate needs to be kept in an airtight container in a cool environment, if possible its best kept in the fridge and it will keep well for around 2 weeks.