It’s Peanut Butter Bash time again, this month we are mixing peanut butter with yogurt. If you want to join in with the monthly fun then check out the bottom of this post, until then lets get going with these delicious Baked Vegan Yogurt Peanut Butter Donuts…….
Tender and delicious you don’t need to be vegan to actually enjoy these baked vegan yogurt peanut butter donuts and there is no weird ingredients in these that will make non vegans think twice about making them.
Making these donuts vegan was really easy, I make baked cake style donuts at home all the time and have a couple of donut recipes on my blog already. With just a few simple recipe swaps these are vegan friendly. Firstly I swapped out the yogurt for vegan yogurt and used a little more than usual as I wouldn’t be using any of the usual suspects in baking (eggs & butter). I changed the cows milk for almond milk, I am sure any plant based milk would work, almond is just what I tend to have in the house. Unsweetened of course! Then finally I used unsweetened applesauce in place of the eggs. All this created a moist, tender crumbed cake like donut.
Baked donuts are far healthier than fried ones but if you haven’t made them before you should know they are very different from the yeast made fried ones you buy in shops. These are more cake like and perfect if you only want a small batch of treats. This recipe will give you 6 regular sized cake baked vegan yogurt peanut butter donuts.
Peanut Butter Glaze
This glaze is so super simple its not really a glaze as so much as a quick and easy topping. Its just melted peanut butter. Peanut butter becomes really thin when melted so its perfect for dipping these donuts in and giving them a nice shiny glaze. The sprinkles are purely optional but I just liked them because, well everything is better with sprinkles!
So as you can see these baked vegan yogurt peanut butter donuts are so easy to make and you will have them from bowl to plate in around 30 minutes. Vegan or not these are are great small batch treat to make, and not really that unhealthy either as the amount of sugar in them is pretty small!
Baked Vegan Yogurt Peanut Butter Donuts
For the Donuts
- 60 grams sugar (a scant 1/3 cup)
- 6 tablespoons vegan plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 125 grams plain / all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 70 grams smooth peanut butter (1/4 cup)
- 3 teaspoons sprinkles (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / Gas mark 4 and lightly grease a 6 hole donut pan then place to one side.
- In a medium sized bowl add in the sugar, vegan natural yogurt, almond milk, unsweetened applesauce and the peanut butter and mix until everything is very well mixed together.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ones using a gentle hand.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan then place it into the oven.
- Check on them after 15 minutes, they should be baked through with a light golden colour to them. If not give them an extra minute or 2.
- Once baked through take them out of the oven and allow them to sit in their pans for another few minutes. Then take them out and allow them to fully cool down on a wire rack.
- Once fully cool measure out your smooth peanut butter and place it in a microwavable bowl and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Take it out of the microwave give it a quick stir, it should be pretty liquified. Take each donut and dunk the top in and give it a little shake to get rid of any excess. Place back down on your rack and sprinkle some sprinkles over the warm peanut butter.
- Place to one side and allow the peanut butter to set, about 10 minutes should do it.
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash Facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and another chosen ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun but don’t run your own blog, The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Here are the other peanut butter and yogurt treats.
Peanut Butter Brownie Dip from Gina of Kleinworth & Co.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Donuts from Ellie of Peanut Butter & Ellie
These yummy donuts would be gone in no time at our house! I love the pretty sprinkles and that they’re vegan!
Thanks Kelly, I really enjoy trying to get Vegan baking to work.
I couldn’t say no to one of these babies! SO perfect down to the glaze and sprinkles!!!
Thanks Liz 😀
What a great idea, I love PB anything. Its great that you were able to keep these vegan as well.
Thanks Mike, I love experimenting with vegan baking.
My daughter loves anything donut! And this one here looks the perfect treat for her! Love that you baked them!
Hi Anu, sounds like your daughter has great taste 😉
Mmm I’m always a fan of these peanut butter posts! I can never get enough peanut butter! These donuts sound awesome!
Hi Ashley, must admit also to never getting enough peanut butter 😀 Thank you!
These look so yummy and I can’t wait to try them! I love that we both did peanut butter cake donuts for the peanut butter bash- great minds think alike!! 🙂
Thanks 😀 Great minds do think alike!
Absolutely irresistible!! I have zero control over anything with peanut butter.
Thanks Angie, me too 😀