Its recipe 2 of my ‘7 breakfasts for 7 days’ recipe challenge and today I am bringing you a delicious creamy healthy Protein Packed Strawberry Chai Seed Pudding. Now let’s be honest with each other, strawberries rock, especially at this time of year when they are local and super sweet. Any excuse to use them and I am a very happy girl. I can shovel these sweet red berries down by the bowlful and not feel an ounce of guilt, gotta love Mother Nature and her natural non-fattening sweet treats. Boy do I love summer and all its amazing berries. (Don’t worry Autumn I still adore you! I honestly can’t wait for pumpkin season).
In my last post for my Mango Yogurt Smoothie Bowl I talked about the fact I was asked if I would get involved in a campaign aimed at getting Brits (and anyone else) to make better healthier choices for breakfast. It’s led by Arla, a farmer owned dairy. Because research is showing that on average we Brits spend a total of 6 minutes preparing and consuming breakfast on a daily basis. This is completely me, 99% of the time. I always convince myself that hitting that snooze button is a great idea. Until I am left running around the house like a loony-tune muttering obscenities under my breath. I am aware it’s not good practice and this campaign has taught me a few things which I will keep with me.
The main thing will be prepare what you can the night before. Seriously it’s that simple. If you can prepare everything the night before, come the morning all you have to do is dish it up. I have long been a fan of overnight oats. They completely follow this rule and amazing lazy breakfasts rule big time. Just like this protein packed strawberry chai seed pudding does.
5 minutes spent doing a little prep just before you go to bed and hey presto a yummy breakfast is available for you in the morning. Ready and served before the kettle has even finished boiling. It’s definitely my kind of breakfast! Sweet, creamy and healthy… it really is a dream breakfast treat. You would think this was unhealthy by the way it tastes but it’s not.
Let’s get a little more intimate with the ingredients for this amazing breakfast. Firstly the chai seeds, these little gems are well known for their health properties. They are packed full of fibre, manganese, magnesium, protein and calcium, seriously healthy little seeds. To boost the protein and calcium further I use 2 Arla products, Cravendale semi-skimmed (half fat) milk and Protein Strawberry yogurt. Each little pot of this yogurt packs a whopping 20 grams of protein. So you know this sweet delicious dish is going to keep you full for hours and is actually healthy as well. Bonus!
Recipe 2 of 7
- 120 millilitres Arla Semi Skimmed Cravendale Milk (1/2 cup)
- 200 grams Arla Protein strawberry yogurt (A scant 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 25 grams chai seeds (1/8 cup)
- 10 ripe strawberries mashed lightly with a fork
- 6 large ripe strawberries — chopped up into small chunks
- The night before in a medium sized mixing bow add in your milk, yogurt, vanilla, sea salt, chai seeds and mashed strawberries. Then give everything a good stir, cover and place in the fridge overnight for the fridge to do its magic.
- In the morning chop up your 6 large ripe strawberries into small chunks and divide them between 2 serving dishes.
- Stir your chai seed pudding thats in the fridge and then divide it between your two dishes.
- This dish can be kept in the fridge covered for up to 3 days.
This Protein Packed Strawberry Chai Seed Pudding post is sponsored but I can assure you all opinions are my own and this is not a sales pitch and I am making no money from these posts. The ingredients were given to me to develop the recipes.
Recipes from earlier in the campaign.
Recipe 1 of 7