It’s Peanut Butter Bash time again. This month we are mixing peanut butter with zucchini or courgette if you are British! If you want to join in with the monthly fun then check out the bottom of this post. Until then lets get going with this delicious healthy Peanut Butter Sauce Zucchini Noodle Salad…….
As you can see this is a super simple easy to make vegan dish that is not only healthy but delicious as well. Packed full of fresh seasonal goodies with a crispy crunch in every bite. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah and it only takes 10 minutes to put together and is perfect for lunch boxes. The recipe I have given you today is perfect for one but can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled to feed more people.
Raw veggie delight.
Everything in this salad is completely raw. Which is not for everyone but I love the taste and texture of raw vegetables so much and they still have all their goodness still in them. I purposely left all protein out of this salad but feel free to add some in. If you want to keep it vegan then tofu would be a great addition or a handful of peanuts. If you eat meat then put some of that on top…… Sorry I just have no idea what would be a good meat to put on top. Its been over 30 years since I had even a mouthful. But I am guessing something like chicken or turkey would be good?
Super duper dipping sauce.
I just want to have a few quick words about the super duper dipping sauce served with this peanut butter sauce zucchini noodle salad. I have kept mine complete vegan and gluten free. But I am aware that not all of the ingredients are naturally gluten free or vegan so you must check labels if this is a concern for you.
So whats stopping you from making your own peanut butter sauce zucchini noodle salad? Its super customisable as you can add in any veggies you like. The ones I have used are a great combination if you are looking for a starting point. So get cracking while its still salad season!
- 1 zucchini / courgette spiralized
- 3 baby sweetcorn cut in half
- 4 mangetout halved
- 5 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- Small handful of beansprouts
- 1 small floret of broccoli torn into small bits
- ¼ red chilli thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all of your vegetables well, remember you will be eating them raw.
- Spiralize your zucchini / courgette and place it in a serving bowl. Prep all your other veg and toss them all together.
- In another small bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and either toss the salad in it or use a small dipping bowl like I have.
- Eat immediately.
Join in the fun!
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash Facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and another chosen ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun but don’t run your own blog, The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Here are the other peanut butter and zucchini treats.
Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Peanut Butter Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Kleinworth & Co.