With Easter fast approaching we are all looking for chocolaty treats to tempt our friends and family with. Now I have made no bones about the fact I love an easy no bake treat, they are fast to put together kid friendly to make and almost always super tasty.
We have all had treats similar to these at some point, crunchy cereals covered in chocolate and often including some add ins like mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles and so on. But we all enjoy these simple treats because they are so simple to make and above all, tasty!
These are so simple to make cornflakes covered in melted chocolate and nutella. Why the nutella you say? Well simple because it’s so tasty and it adds another layer of flavour. Who can resist that lovely nutty chocolate? It’s so good 😀
To make these even more amazing, I added a variety of chips to them. White chocolate, dark chocolate and peanut butter chips, you can use any you like but I found these three different flavours worked the best.
Once I had made them by melting the chocolate and nutella together and mixing in the cornflakes. I shaped them into little mounds using an ice cream scoop I just placed some of the morsels on top and let them set till they had hardened and could be picked up. I found 2 hours to be about the right time.
These treats may be small but they are perfect for snacking on and really good in lunchboxes for the little ones. And the great thing you don’t need to feel too guilty because they do have cereal in them so they are kinda healthy!!! 😉
- 90 grams milk chocolate, (3 ounces)
- 120 grams Nutella, (A scant ½ cup)
- 40 grams cornflakes, (1 and ¾ cups)
- Sprinkles and flavoured morsels of your choice
- Melt the chocolate and nutella together in a medium sized saucepan over a gentle heat when they are melted, add the cornflakes and mix together very carefully.
- Place small mounds of the mixture (I used an ice cream scoop) on a sheet of baking parchment or you could even use cupcake cases.
- If desired sprinkle them with morsels or sprinkles of your choice, like I said I used white and dark chocolate chips and peanut butter flavoured morsels.
- Chill for at least 2 hours until they are set before serving.
- These will keep in an airtight tin for up to 4 days.