Wouldn’t it be great if you could have an easy homemade ice cream that requires no churning and so easy that you could have any flavour you desired? Can such a no churn ice cream exist?
Well, now you can! Honestly this is true. I thought it was to good to be true. But it works, its simple, quick to make and the results are a rich creamy ice cream.
And the base ice cream only has 3 ingredients. Yep you heard right 3 ingredients. Double (Heavy) cream sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Then you just add whatever flavouring takes your fancy. I couldn’t make my mind up so I split it into 3 so I could have 3 different flavours to choose from.
Raspberry for when I am feeling in a fruity mood I just liquidised a couple of handfuls of raspberries and swirled the pulp through the unfrozen ice cream and added a handful of chopped raspberries for good measure.
Peanut butter… does this one need any explaining? I love, love, love peanut butter. I added a few tablespoons of the good stuff before freezing chopped up some mini Reese’s peanut butter cups and for good measure added a sprinkle of peanut butter chips over the top. Peanut butter heaven!
Salted Caramel because who doesn’t love salted caramel? Its rich and creamy and the perfect partner for ice cream. Its wickedly indulgent, you can either make your own or buy a jar, add oodles of it to your unfrozen ice cream give it a swirl around sit back and wait impatiently for it to freeze.
Like I said I split it to make 3 small tubs, over all, the entire recipe will give you about 1.6 litres. Approximately 18 good scoops and I like to mix and match my flavours there are only 2 of us in this house and we would get bored of a huge tub of one flavour. Variety is the spice of life after all.
Because this is basically just cream and condensed milk it is a very rich ice cream and a little does go a long way, and it almost has a consistency of a Semifreddo.
It’s a brilliant base recipe to add whatever you like, coffee, chocolate, strawberry, banana, lemon, orange, jelly beans, lavender, fudge you name it the list is endless.
Recipe adapted from Sainsbury’s magazine.
*Measurements in cups is a guide this recipe was made using metric weight*
No Churn Ice Cream
By October 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1.6 litres (18 scoops Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
A simple 3 ingredient no churn ice cream that you can add any flavouring to.
- 397 grams (1 medium tin) sweetened condensed milk (1 and 1/3 cups)
- 600 millilitres double cream (heavy cream) (2 and 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste - extract will work but paste gives you the seeds running through it
- Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together until it has doubled in volume and it has a thick spoonable consistency to it. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into your tub for freezing, cover and freeze for minimum 6 hours.
- Hey presto you have a rich and creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Note: If you are wanting fancier flavours then its simple, once your cream and condensed milk has been whipped gently mix in your added flavour e.g. For the salted caramel I gently stirred in 3 tablespoons of the salted caramel, spooned it into its tub and swirled another 2 tablespoons of caramel through it. Remember I split the mixture up into 3, so my add in’s were reduced if you are making only one flavour then you will need a lot more. Add as much as you like, if you want a stronger flavour add more! Go mad and experiment, with this base recipe they world is your ice cream oyster!!!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress