It’s Peanut Butter Bash time again, this time we are mixing our favourite nut butter with Ritz Crackers. Hence the crazy long title of No Bake Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Breakfast Bars. Sometimes you just can’t get the idea across in a few words and a crazy long title is needed. Originally it was going to be longer because it has chocolate chips in it but sence prevailed and I cut it down a little. Though the bars do still have chocolate chips in them, hey any excuse for a cheeky little bit of chocolate for breakfast.
If you fancy joining in the peanut butter bash fun then check out the end of the post for joining details. Once a month we post a dish with peanut butter and one other main ingredient then link up with each other to share in the peanut butter love.
But on to this months ingredient ritz crackers. I adore snacking on these crackers because they are salty and crunchy which is such a great combo. So I wanted to make sure I didn’t loose those qualities. I thought about several different options and eventually decided on a no bake one.
I love no bake treats but rarely share any with you guys, sorry about that I’ll try changing my ways. I made a short list of things ranging from cheesecakes to trifles but decided on these easy to put together no bake peanut butter ritz cracker breakfast bars. You don’t have to have them for breakfast but the oats and peanut butter help keep you satisfied for hours.
And this type of bar allowed me to keep that salty crunch that we all go nuts for, admit it you love it too. The chocolate chips are completely optional, and considering I am not a huge chocolate monster I really like them in here. They go great with the peanut butter and the salty cracker crumbs, so if you can add them in, do so. I know mini chocolate chips are tricky to come by in the UK, I get mine online so if you need to use regular chocolate chips or chunks or chop up a chocolate bar to save you some hassle then please do so.
So if you are after a no hassle treat then these no bake peanut butter ritz cracker breakfast bars are for you. Just one warning these are hard to stop at just one………..
- 115 grams ritz crackers (30 crackers)
- 95 grams rolled oats (1/2 cup)
- 185 grams smooth peanut butter (3/4 cup)
- 60 millilitres runny honey (1/4 cup)
- 27 grams coconut oil - melted (1/8 cup)
- 95 grams dark / semi sweet mini chocolate chips - optional (1/2 cup)
- Line an 8x8 inch square pan with baking parchment, then place to one side.
- In a food processor blitz your ritz crackers till they resemble bread crumbs. If you don't have a food processor place the crackers in a zip lock bag and bash with a rolling pin till you have the same result.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in your cracker crumbs, oats, peanut butter, honey and melted coconut oil and give everything a good mixing. Feel free to get your hands in the bowl I know I did.
- If using add in the mini chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and press it down with the back of a spoon to compact it.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours preferably overnight.
- Once set lift it out of the pan and cut into 9 equal squares.
- These bars need to be kept in the fridge to remain easier to eat, they become soft if kept at room temperature and will keep for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
If you are unable to find mini chocolate chips regular ones or chunks can be substituted.
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun but don’t run your own blog, The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Here are the other peanut butter and ritz cracker dishes.