It’s Peanut Butter Bash time and this month we are mixing things up with ginger. 😍 These No Bake Peanut Butter Ginger Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are healthy, Vegan and super easy to make Gluten Free if you need them to be. Oh, and did I mention they are no bake and super simple to make?
Im really excited for this months bash, I adore ginger and knew it would go well with peanut butter. I had a bunch of different ideas for this combination. Both sweet and savoury dishes, but I decided that these no bake peanut butter ginger chocolate chip granola bars were the way to go.
I used my basic no bake granola bar recipe which is peanut butter (though any nut butter works), agave nectar, oats and Rice Krispies. This gives you a basic bar which is tasty and healthy. With this basic recipe it allows you to go wild with inclusions and add-ins. For this variation I added in ground ginger and crystallised ginger. Also a cheeky little bit of dark chocolate, as it pairs with ginger so well 😉
These bars are best kept in the fridge. There is no need to worry, they remain soft and chewy. They also last a little longer when kept in the fridge, which is a bonus 😃 even when kept at room temperature these bars will be soft and chewy, they will just be little crumblier when consumed. So I highly recommend they be kept cool in the fridge.
- 260 grams crunchy peanut butter (1 cup)
- 120 millilitres light agave nectar (1/2 cup)
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 140 grams rolled oats (1 and ½ cups)
- 55 grams quick oats (1/2 cup)
- 30 grams Rice Krispies (1 cup)
- 75 grams crystallised ginger (1/2 cup)
- 60 grams dark chocolate chips (1/3 cup)
- Line an 8x8 inch square tin with baking parchment and place to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl microwave on high for 30 seconds the peanut butter and agave nectar.
- Stir the two ingredients together until they are well combined then stir in the ground ginger.
- Pour in the oats and quick oats and mix until all of the oats are well covered.
- Gently stir in the rice krispies.
- Fold in the crystallised ginger and most of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of your bars and gently press them in.
- Place your tin in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the freezer and cut it into 10 bars. Wrap each bar in baking parchment to stop them sticking together.
- These bars are best kept in the fridge, but can be kept at room temperature but they will crumble a little bit more. They will be good for 10 days in the fridge and 5 days at room temperature.
You can substitute peanut butter with your favourite nut butter, almond / cashew etc.
For the quick oats I just used 2 sachets of instant oats / porridge. If you don't have any just pulse regular oats for a few seconds in a blender to break them up a little bit.
Use Gluten Free oats if you need these bars to be free of any gluten.
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email Miranda and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dish with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. There is also a Facebook group if you want to join in the fun but don’t run your own blog, The Peanut Butter Recipe Box. Here are the other peanut butter and ginger dishes.
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there! Check out the recipes we made while you’re at it!
Peanut Butter Gingersnap Cookie Balls from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Slow Cooker Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken from Kleinworth & Co.
Vegan Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies from The Queen of Delicious