So is everyone feeling a touch of the Monday morning blues? I know I am, I have a busy day planned at work but for some reason Monday’s drag something chronic. I could have the easiest most relaxed day at work and it would still drag because it’s Monday 😩. But enough moaning because to cheer this day up I am sharing a super simple Vegan side dish for 4 people or a main dish for 2. Sweet and savoury combine to make these Maple Tender Roasted Asparagus with Kale Chips boarderlime addictive!
Sweet & Savoury glaze
I think almost all foodies love the sweet / savoury / salty combination. It just satisfies in so many ways and the maple glaze on these maple tender roasted asparagus with kale chips hits the spot. We start by mixing some light soy sauce, a little minced garlic a glug of maple syrup and a touch of olive oil.
I have used maple syrup to keep this dish Vegan but most liquid sweeteners can be used. Agave nectar or even honey if keeping this dish Vegan is not a concern for you.
It really is just a case of mixing the glaze and tossing the asparagus in it and roasting them. 😋
I love to serve these asparagus spears with kale chips, apart from being super tasty and healthy, the textures go so well together. Giving you a lovely crispy crunch with each bite of tender asparagus.
As it’s Monday I’ll keep this short and sweet, but do yourself a favour and add this dish to your summer roster and you won’t be disappointed.
- 80 grams shredded curly kale (3 cups)
- 200 grams asparagus (13 spears)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 400F / Gas mark 6 and lightly spray two medium sized baking sheets with a little oil.
- Spread out your shredded curly kale on one of the baking sheets and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it to taste.
- Trim your asparagus spears and lay them out on your other baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the light soy sauce, minced garlic, maple syrup, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour it over the asparagus and toss them in thenmarinade so they are fully covered.
- Pop the trays in your hot oven.
- After 6 minutes turn and switch your trays around and turn the asparagus and stir the kale chips. Place them back in your oven and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.