I couldn’t wait any longer to share this recipe with you, I know the warm whether is only just starting to peak through the dense winter but this recipe is just to good to hold on to any longer. Homemade cookies and cream ice cream… heaven in a bowl!
Normally I like to bring you recipes that require no special equipment or any ingredient that is too random and far too hard to find. Last year I gave you my No Churn Ice Cream recipe and I stand by the fact it’s a wonderful creamy ice cream that is so quick and easy to make its almost hard to believe it has no churning involved. But this recipe is identical to any shop bought cookies and cream ice cream you can find and it’s far too good not to share.
As some of you know last year for my birthday Michael (Mr. Bake Then Eat) bought me a KitchenAid mixer and it came with an ice cream maker attachment. My birthday being late November its really not a good time to share ice cream recipes, even ones as good as this!
So to make this recipe I do feel it would be advantages to use an ice cream maker, but by all means give it a go by hand and let me know how it works out.
Oreo’s By The Bucket Load
Even though Oreo’s are a very American cookie and I didn’t grow up with them I absolutely adore them and you can’t have a cookies and cream ice cream made without them.
This recipe has a full 20 Oreo cookies crushed up in it and you can really taste them in every single spoonful.
And if you want even more Oreo for your money then you can always make adorable mini ice cream sandwiches like I did 😀
This is a great way to have a small taste of the ice cream without going overboard and resisting the urge to just dive into the carton with a spoon!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
According to earlier research I did for my 2014 food trends article Ice Cream sandwiches are making a big comeback this year, so serving these up in the summer for your guests will not only delight them but you will be bang on trend as well!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your Oreo’s and start bashing them up 🙂
What’s your favourite Ice Cream flavour? I am looking for inspiration for my next ice cream venture.
- 240 millilitres milk - at least semi skimmed (half fat), (1 cup)
- 480 millilitres double / heavy cream, (2 cups)
- 170 grams granulated sugar, (3/4 cup)
- A pinch salt
- 20 Oreo cookies
- Pre freeze your ice cream bowl / attachment according to your manufactures instructions.
- Combine the milk and sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk until the sugar has fully dissolved. Then pour in the cream and stir in well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Crush your Oreo’s, by placing them in a zip locked plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin or place them in a bowl and crush them with a potato masher and place them to one side.
- Attach you pre frozen ice cream bowl to your mixer and set up the dasher / churning tool according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Turn it on to stir / low and pour in your mixture and leave it for at least 20 minutes (if using a KitchenAid).
- Once your mixture has reached soft scoop consistency turn off your mixer and take out the dasher / churning tool and fold in your crushed cookies.
- Transfer your ice cream to a sealable container and place in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours to fully set.
- Then tuck in and enjoy :D