I couldn’t let Halloween go by without sharing a sweet recipe with you. Last time I shared my savoury Jack O Lantern cheese ball and today I am sharing yet another chocolate bark recipe! (I just can’t get enough of this sweet treat!) This time its smothered with all that glorious Halloween candy and even more chocolate. So sit back and revel in this sugar mad easy to make Halloween Candy Explosion Chocolate Bark.
For the base of my bark I have used a smooth milk chocolate and used white chocolate to drizzle over everything. As I have stated in my previous bark recipes use a chocolate you like. Don’t spend out loads of money on a super posh chocolate you are not even a fan of. I used Cadburys milk chocolate and Milky Bar for the white chocolate.
The beauty of this recipe is you can use whatever candy and sweeties you like, I have used a good mix of British and American here. I love the seasonal American candy that is not available over here in the UK but I also love some of those lovely British sweets that I grew up on.
I used a combination of Reese’s pieces, Crunchies, Finger of Fudge, Chomp bars, a Cadburys Caramel, mini Peanut Butter cups I also chucked in some jelly beans, jelly tots, some Candy Corn and because it is Halloween some Mellowcreme Pumpkins.
Depending on what part of the world you are from you would have heard of most of these candies I have used. But as I have already said use what you enjoy and what is available to you, that is the beauty of this kind of treat use what you have available and keep the costs down.
Once this delight has been made let it set then break it up and serve.
Or bag up the shards and hand them out to more than happy trick or treaters 🙂
- 400 grams milk chocolate, (14 ounces)
- 100 grams white chocolate, (3.5 ounces)
- 43 grams (1small bag) Reeses' Pieces, (1.5 ounces)
- 3 mini Crunchie Bars
- 2 mini finger of fudge's
- 2 mini chomp bars
- 1 regular Cadbury's caramel bar
- 65 grams miniature white chocolate peanut butter cups, (approx. 8 sweets)
- 100 grams Jelly beans, (3.5 ounces)
- 113 grams Candy Corn, (4 ounces - 1 theatre box)
- 75 grams Mellowcreme Pumpkins, (2.5 ounces)
- 30 grams jelly tots, (1 ounce)
- Prep all your candies by getting them to hand and chopping up the crunchies, finger of fudges' and chomp bars.
- Grab a sheet of greaseproof paper that is at least 15 inch square (38 x 38 cm) and lay it out on your work surface.
- Break up your milk chocolate into small chunks and pop it in a microwavable bowl. Start by giving it a blast on full power for 60 seconds take it out and give it a stir. Then return it to the microwave on half power for 30 seconds at a time until your chocolate is melted.
- Once it is fully melted pour the melted chocolate onto your greaseproof sheet and spread it out till it almost covers the sheet.
- Quickly scatter the candies all over the melted chocolate and very gently press them in.
- Melt the white chocolate in another smaller microwavable bowl. Initially for 30 seconds on full power then 15 seconds at a time on half power until fully melted. White chocolate doesn’t take as long to melt so please keep a close eye on it.
- Once fully melted drizzle the white chocolate all over you milk chocolate slab and candies then pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours for it to fully set.
- Take out of the fridge and break into pieces and serve. As this chocolate is stable because the manufacturer has already tempered it, it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.